Saturday, October 15, 2011

In Her Place

It's been a whirlwind. From happy to sad, sad to happy. Everything has blown over. Mediocre fireworks that don't really arouse any feelings. Whatever. At least university has become a friendly refuge. But come the weekend, misery is my best friend. I never seem to accomplish anything in those 3 days. And the assignments keep piling up. Have mercy for heaven's sake. And sometimes I just wish everyone would shut up and ignore each other. Stop making my ears bleed. Petty things annoy me beyond rational comprehension.
Lunchtime-enlightenment is always a welcome. Talking to Cooper always makes me feel as if I'm losing IQ points but he's rational and awe-inspiring. Never thought I'd describe someone my age with those words, but yeah, and it's still grossly inadequate. Walking takes my mind off things. To be alone with my thoughts, to see random people on the street and how they act, and maybe even flash a smile in their direction. I've always loved it when a stranger smiles at me after a tough day. Makes me feel like flying. For those of you who fall under that category, thank you. You people are awesome.
Hope. Fresh hope. I like the feel of it on my skin. It gives an extra bounce in my step. Right now I want a grassy field, blue skies, and an unlimited amount of sunlight, so that I can bask in the sunshine and roll around until the lovegrass makes my body itch. The four days in a week are almost a blessing in disguise, apart from 3 hours of troll time. Bloody hell. Oh well, I guess you can't get everything.
I'm ready for new things. New beginnings and possibly loads of smiles. Things to look forward to, boys to crush on and snigger about. Cute History dude, you on my list. A blank new page is more than anything a person could hope for. Now it's up to me to dip the quill in ink and scribble in the details. Our generation is going to shape the future, and the generation after ours is going to remember us for it. Spread the word.

Maktub, she said. Time to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment