Friday, October 28, 2011

How Long Til Your Surrender?

My sleep has been tainted with nightmares and jumbled snatches of my mind's machinations. This officially sucks. I can't even get a good night's sleep anymore. Tossing and turning under the covers, sudden starts that jolt me into an upright position and trying to get back to sleep afterwards, only to repeat the whole processs.
First, I get the news that my lecturer passed away. And I start to worry about who is going to take his place, how are we going to finish the assignment, what's going to happen to class, our lives are never going to be the same without him, no more fake Indian accent, no more stroke-inducing amounts of laugh in class... And 5 seconds later wake up to realize that it was only a dream. Queue tepuk face.
Even afternoon naps have become sinister. I don't nap for fun, that's pure exhaustion right there. But noooooo. Now it's my mama's turn to die. I know right, WTF? And to top it all off, my Blackberry becomes elastic, shrinks and shatters in my hands. I bawled. Like tears, frustration and dramatic sobbing. The whole nine yards. Not because of my mother's passing, but because of my phone. My bloody phone. Epic is what epic does. I was freaking out. Point-blank. A russle of the blankets and...
Oh. My bad.
Dear dreams, stop haunting me. Dear subconscious mind, shut up. Dear conscious mind, stop scheming. Dear assignments, go to hell. Dear presentation, evaporate. Dear midterm, find somebody else to torment.
What the heck am I doing  majoring in political science, anyway? With an over-sized and hyperactive imagination like mine, I should be a movie producer. Hollywood beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment