Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Midterm Conundrum

For two years, I have been waiting patiently for the day that I'd finally wake up from my mindless day-dreams and realize the real you. And that day has come. Thank God. I never knew what a good actor you were. Honestly, you deserve to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Everyone thinks you can do no wrong. Well, they should think again. Anyway, like my Mummy fondly said, "Good riddance of a bad thing." I bet she was break-dancing the moment I left the room after telling her that I kicked you out of my life. Down and out is where you should stay. And don't ever come back. I mean it. If you hadn't lied, at least I'd still have a sliver of respect for you. But lie you did. Let me make this clearer than chrystal: I absolutely despise liars. People resort to lying because they're scared to face the truth. And yes, you ARE a coward. If only I knew then what I knew now, it would have saved me a whole load of tears. List of words that best describe you include: liar, coward, deceitful, tactless, manipulative, fake, useless, hypocrite, jackass (and the list goes on). And that still doesn't even do the slightest bit of justice to your persona.
Fact is, you're just a bastard who broke my heart.
They say God  gives you only things that you can handle and that every cloud has a silver lining. Just a few weeks ago everything seemed to fall apart before my eyes. It took me a lot to keep going and act normally as possible, to not break down with every breath I took. But things have turned up. I'm happy and I'd almost forgot how it felt like.
Thank you for being there. All of you. You know who you are. For listening to me whine, for wiping my tears as they roll down my cheeks, for giving me a much needed smile when everything seemed bleak, for sticking around, and for knowing exactly what to say and being brutally honest. Gracias, people.
And if I ever have a coherent conversation with you, not just spasms of awkward smiles and fumbled one-liners, I'd thank you personally for making me smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment