Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You Make Me Feel Like!

I think I accidentally murdered the replay button. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. But I sincerely hope that you find peace where ever you are right now, dear Mr. Replay Button. I'm not trying to disperse blame or anything but it's not entirely my fault that the stupid song was stuck in my head for the whole day. Like seriously, I think there is a song for every life situation. Every single one of them. They think of everything, these musicians. From having a crush on someone and seeing life in full colors, to singing about suicide and other morbid nonsense. Coolio.
And Gabe Saporta just happened to be mouthing the words that have been lingering in my mind, dancing around in endless circles like the images conjured in the fire when Mr. Tumnus invited Lucy over for tea. The lyrics fit perfectly.
There's a suppression in my chest and it's taking huge amounts of control to keep it in tow. My heart feels like it could burst with joy. I feel like twirling around all the time, feel the breeze in my face. My lips are itching to break into a dopey smile and my tummy is voluntarily doing backflips. I feel like snatching glances at everyone I encounter just to make sure. Maybe, just maybe...
And then like a strangely clichéd movie with a predictable storyline, lunch happened. Minor heart attack FTW! My theory is that too much hope manifests into reality. Frankly, if reality was always this good, I'd like to live in the real world.
It'll be good while it lasts. No harm in making the most of it. After all, what rhymes with joy? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment