Monday, May 27, 2013

Almost. Almost.

I've lost my smile. I've lost weight. I've lost sleep. I've lost my health. I've lost my head. I've lost my senses. I've lost my will. I've lost a lot and I’m still losing it.
The future scares me a lot. I lose cupfuls of tears thinking about it. Each day passes. The clock does its job, its hands ticking to a rhythm and stops for no one.
Every day is the same.
I wake up. Hope. Pray. Be hopeful. Remember. Think. Analyse. And then crumble.
One can only take so much. I’m not strong enough. I’m not one of those inspiring people you read about and idolize. I’m nobody’s hero. Let alone myself. I feel as though I am capable of nothing. And perhaps destined to remain mediocre for the rest of my life. Maybe a few highlights here and there but nothing lasting, just small imprints that nobody remembers the morning after, just vague memories that gets swept away by the blowing breeze. Just a face, without a name to it. Maybe no one will even bother to inquire about the girl who walked through the corridors of the faculty, ate at the cafe during lunch, paid attention in class, hoping to be on the Dean’s List every semester. Maybe no one will remember me. Unremarkable, sad, utterly forgettable.
How many people would notice my absence? How many would miss me when I’m gone. Most probably none.
It’s not that I’m complaining, it’s just that my luck always seems to fall short. How come everybody else gets a shot at what they want and how come I don’t qualify?
People kill people. Maybe not using guns or knives or bombs or even using their bare hands but sometimes by just being verbal. People kill with words too. You know how you come across these people who have been through a lot that their life practically deserves to be made into a movie? The ones that say they've been to hell and back and nothing could ever break them? We all wish we were just like them, or at least I wish so. To be so strong that nothing anybody did to hurt me would destroy me. But the reality is, the moment somebody says something that’s contrary to what I think, I feel immediately worthless. That paranoia just creeps into my brain and poisons my thinking. People’s realities are a reflection of their thoughts. I get so scared that what that person says might come true that I become immobile.
People pretend to care. They pretend to listen to your stories, nodding and exclaiming at the right moments, sighing when the situation seems slightly desperate. When you tell them your story, you’re letting them in, you’re being vulnerable, you’re risking trust, letting them know what stirs you, exposing the core of your being. But when you open your mouth to speak, the words seem empty and shallow. All of a sudden, you feel stupid for holding these things so dear to your heart and for letting others know. You fear their sneers, their jeers, their mocking voice in response, their judging stares. But just a moment ago you swear that these things are a part of you, the layers which made you you.
Lips service is all they do. One day they’re your cheerleaders, your haters in the next.
Life is more than frustrating sometimes. It makes you want to scream until you’re hoarse, to tear out your hair, to cry until your eyes sting and puff. Even when all that is done, the problems still remain and just refuse to go away.
I wish there was someone out there in the universe who understood me, wholly. Someone who would understand that some days I would be extremely difficult to handle, have bouts of depression and insecurities, smile at the little things and cry when something tugged at my heartstrings and still look at me the same way, without thinking I was weird or lame or dumb. Someone I could talk to about anything without being judged, someone who would know all the right things to say when I get upset. Someone who would be there during my lows and celebrate me during my highs. Someone who laughed at the same things I did. Someone with a sense of humor  Someone who likes reading, someone who is curious and random at the same time, and someone shy and bold, someone who would hug me when me world comes crashing down. Someone like me. I hope I find it in you. I hope to find you to complete me. To complete us. Until then, I hope I manage to find the strength to carry on.
I want to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment