Saturday, November 12, 2011

Eyelash Wishes

Sometimes I wish I could read minds. Sometimes I wish I knew how a person was feeling. Sometimes I just wish I knew things. Certain things. And not all the time. Just when I want to, or else life wouldn't be fun.
I don't want to stay home, but I don't feel like going back to college either. Some people I just dread meeting, some things that I just don't want to do. Ever. Since when did life get so complicated? I vaguely remember evenings I spent at the playground, hogging the swing and see-saw like I owned the joint, buying cheap ice-cream from some Indonesian guy on a motorbike, spending almost all my waking hours at McDonald's on Jalan Telawi. Dammit. Where did those days go?
I read into things too much. It will be my biggest downfall.
I want a banana chocolate chip muffin, hot chocolate, a nice, warm blanket, perfectly puffed pillows, a comforting storybook and a rainy day. Just to hear the steady patter on the window panes, to be in a sweatshirt and hotpants, that would be enough.
No, actually, I'm pretty darn sure that I'm not sure about what I want. Maybe I should sit by the roadside counting cars as they pass me by. Maybe I should run around the block to ease my mind. Maybe I should resort to painting. Maybe I should start coloring my Barney book. Maybe I should finish my sewing. Maybe. Maybe not.
Smiling. Yeah. A very rare twist of fate.The smallest and most randomest things can make me float a few inches off the ground for hours on end. Thank you stranger, for making my day. When I see you on campus, I might just give you a hug and a peck on the cheek. You deserve it. My unexpected hero. Because of you, I'll be sleeping with a smile on my face tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment