Tuesday, June 28, 2011

She Calls Me Inde

I've been very aptly nicknamed by a fellow friend. Inde is short for in denial, just so you'd know. I shall have to remind myself to thank and praise her for her unsurpassed wisdom in nicknaming. Oh well, maybe I shouldn't tire myself unnecessarily since she'll be reading this post anyway. In any case, thank you. You know who you are.
 Moving on.
Allow me to let you in on a little secret, I AM the ultimate embodiment of denialism when it comes to You-Know-Who (and hell no, it's not Voldemort! Do you think I'm some kind of freak or something, rambling about some fictional character? The dude doesn't even have a nose, for crying out loud!) I expect better of myself, but I never seem to get off my ass and do something to change it. Since you're being a royal pain in the butt, I have come to a swift and decisive (yeah right, the moment you say hi, I go weak in the knees and take you in again) decision that if someone comes knocking, the door shall be opened a sliver for that said person so that we have a chance at getting acquainted with one another. It's a fair trade, if you ask me. Given the current predicament that you've set us both in, being a million different people from one day to the next, I deserve being normal.
You see, the thing is, you treat me like a puppy. You leave me out in the yard to play by myself, assuming that I'm self-sufficient and content with what sparse tools you've inadequately equipped me with. All the while you'll be cooped up inside the house while the puppy looks after itself. Even on a rainy day you just leave the puppy to its own defences, not bothering the slightest bit if the puppy is doing okay. But when you somehow miraculously feel like it, you come out from the confines of your ridiculously oversized house and decide to play with the puppy. And all you end up doing is patting the poor little thing's head and filling it with unbridled hope. Then you just turn around and walk right back through your front door. See what a jackass you are? But just that pat on the head makes the puppy's day. Although you may not want to play with the puppy all the time, you keep it around, so that it's there whenever you feel like playing with it. The puppy is yours, solely yours and never anyone elses for the taking. You never really treat the puppy right, you just want it to be there, to stroke your ego. The puppy is obedient. It never leaves.

But what happens when the puppy decides to bite back?

No comments:

Post a Comment