Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shimmer

The sound of your smile over the phone, I love.
The way you react to the nicknames I call you, I love.
The way you sound helpless when you ask for help, I love.
The way your breath catches in your throat when you start a sentence, I love.
The sound of your snigger when you talk, I love.
The way you playfully test my patience, I love.
When you ask me what I'm doing, I love.
The little attempts at jokes you make, I love.
The awkward pauses we have in a conversation, I love.
The surprise in your voice when I remember the tiniest detail about you, I love.
The apprehension you feel when I ask you a serious question, I love.
The way you get all nervous and flustered when I get straight to the point, I love.
When you send me a text in the middle of the night, I love.
The passion you have for football, I love.
That fiery insistance of yours when you want something from me, I love.
Your broad shoulders and perfect fingers, I love.
The way you fret about my wellbeing, I love.
The way you look at me when you think I don't see, I love.
The smile carved on your lips that is only reserved for me, I love.
When you call me on the phone unexpectedly, I love.
The way your voice drips with jealousy of another, I love.
The way you dilligently try to make a connection, I love.
The way you probe into my life just to want to know me better, I love.
The way your eyes light up when we manage to meet unexpectedly, I love.
When you remember a small trivia about us, I love.
The way your voice quivers when you say hello at the start of a phone call, I love.
The way your hand trembles when you pass me a piece of chocolate, I love.
The way you give me a sideways glance so that nobody else sees, I love.
The way you try to be the person that is worthy of me, I love.

You, I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment