Sunday, July 8, 2012

Filthy Little Hearts

You just can't help yourself, can you? Even when I clearly said no. Even when I told you outright that this time we were over for real, that I was backing out and never coming back. You just don't get it, do you? I chose to leave. It was my decision. Respect it.
Lying is not a trait I value in anyone, let alone a friend. So let me make this absolutely clear to you: I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HAVING ANY CONTACT WITH YOU WHATSOEVER. PERIOD.
Yes, once upon a time I loved you with all my heart, lived and breathed for you but not anymore, bro. All you ever did was cause me pain and made me cry. You caused me to lose my self-esteem, my dignity and self-respect. You caused me to lose my smile. You ruined me. It hurt me everyday, knowing that I wasn't good enough in your eyes. I cried myself to sleep almost every night and at every opportunity I got when no one was looking. For years, I lived in your shadow. Eventually I forgot how it felt like to be happy, how it was to smile. That's changed. Today, I am a stronger and slightly wiser person. I don't think I'd fall for the same old tricks so easily again.
I don't hate you, I never did. I was angry and frustrated. Disappointed that I wasn't worth the truth. I just don't care anymore.
Shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice.
So you can go ahead and sing me Gotye's Somebody That I Used To Know (because it's so appropriate for our situation) until your voice gets hoarse and your lungs give out, I am not going to reply your text. And I dedicate this song to you.

I'm done. So go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment