Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Few Good Men

The Baby Dinosaur is in the hospital. My Baby Dinosaur. So sad. In the Intensive Care Unit, to be exact. Of all the bloody things to transpire before the final exam, this is the worst. Totally unexpected. Caught me off-guard. Leptospirosis, they said.
The curse of the final exam, that's what it is. The last time around, Enigma fell victim to the jinx with a broken leg.
But this is serious. More serious than a broken leg. A matter of life and death. I hope to God you're okay. That you get better, that everything falls rightly into place, that everything gets back to normal. May Allah protect you and watch over you.
When I heard the news, everything felt so surreal. There was a strange buzzing in my ears. My emotions were akin to water in a basin swirling in a downward spiral after someone pulled the plug. All noise and empty notions.
Get well soon. I'm worried sick. Beyond sick. I'm worried. Just plain worried.
Oh God please. Get us through this. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment